MY FAVOURITE RESTAURANTS IN LONDON
I have two friends in town from London, and it is making me feel very nostalgic for my former home. Here are my favorite places to eat in my favorite city.
- •Social Eating HouseI had a great night with friends here right before New Years this past year. Best cocktail I have ever had (some sort of gin and dill concoction). A modern take on traditional British food and decor. It was a perfect night.
- •Busaba EathaiThai food enjoyed in communal seating tables. I love going here with a friend and splitting a bottle of wine over some spicy curries on a rainy night.
- •The Soho HotelChampagne cocktails and small plates in the bar. Historically I've enjoyed these two things jet lagged with my parents.
- •Duck & WaffleInventive British food with incredible views. I had a wonderful 4 hour lunch here with friends that involved lots of wine. It went on so long we watched the sun set.
- •Pizza PilgrimsKiller pizza. A+ wine. The location on Dean St is mostly underground. Perfect escape from a rainy night.
- •The Red Fort
- •Fortnum & MasonChampagne and cheese flights in the basement 👌
- •Muriel's KitchenCutest breakfast spot in South Ken. Great pastry case. I love meeting my girlfriends here for tea and a biscuit.
- •Hutong at The ShardDim sum with a view. What's not to love??
- •The Pepper TreeCanteen style Thai food in Clapham. Perfect for a quick bite on the way home from work.
- •OttolenghiOne of my oldest friends took me here last time I was in town. Really incredible Mediterranean food, in a very chic atmosphere. This chef's cookbooks are incredible as well.
- •The Jam TreeGastro pub in Clapham. Great for a Sunday roast or a quiz night.
- •Prêt a MangerWhy we don't have these in LA is a mystery. Fresh healthy sandwiches and salads to grab on the go. Solid coffee. Also solid bacon buddy (hangover magic).
- •Le MercuryFrench bistro in North London. Small, simple, perfect.