TOP 5 MUSEUMS TO NURSE A HANGOVER
Upon reflection I have come to realize something odd. In my early 20's, I spent an inordinate amount of time hungover in museums. I recommend the following should you find yourself in this situation.
- •La Brea Tar Pits: Los Angeles, CAThat hilly grass area isn't just for rolling down as a youth. It's also for laying on while you soak up the curative powers of Vitamin D. Also, no matter how terrible you feel, at least you ain't that Dino!
- •Tate Modern: London, UKThere are wonderful little couches on one of the mid levels you can use to sit and reflect upon the art....or take a nap and wish you had a different body/head/had made different decisions last night.
- •Centre Pompidou: Paris, FranceEspresso +Cigarettes = Hangover cured. Plus, the French are very empathetic to a hangover. Even the art gets it (see pic).
- •Victoria & Albert Museum: London, UKSurprisingly well air conditioned. Great shop to keep you distracted. Very nice Brits in the cafe to offer you tea and wee biscuits.
- •Musée Rodin: Paris, FranceThe museum only focuses on one guys work making it much easier to absorb since you don't have all your faculties. Plus The Thinker makes you feel like you have a comrade while you fight your booze blues.
- •BONUS! #1 worst museum to nurse a hangover - The Guggenheim: New York, NYThat structure was designed to make hungover people miserable. Walking around and around in circles = disaster.