KILLER POTLUCK RECIPES
Not like poisonous killer, but like DAMN that's tasty! killer. And while everyone knows that potluck recipes should be super delicious and relatively easy to eat, I would also argue that they must also taste just as good at varying temperatures and as leftovers.
- •Mung Bean and Carrot SaladRecipe from Yotam Ottolenghi. At first, people might be like, "Mung beans?! Do you even like me?!" but then they will try it and feel ridiculous for ever doubting you.
- •Apple Mosaic Tart with CaramelRecipe from Smitten Kitchen. The sad part of this tart is having to cut it up into potluck-friendly squared, because it is so dang beautiful, but that is the only negative thing that could ever be said about it. Guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- •Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion GaletteAnother recipe from Smitten Kitchen. I've made all of her other savory galette recipes, and while they are all delicious, this one is easily the crowd favorite. Tip: make the dough a day ahead to split up the labor of it all a bit.
- •Tofu LarbRecipe my own, but search on the Internet and you'll find a good one. Can make with meat, if that's your thing, but the tofu really is excellent here. Serve with butter lettuce leaves, lettuce-wrap style.
- •Any kind of frittataA good side because it's tasty and sturdy, and also adds a little nutritional heft to the usual array of potluck dishes.