Why Mental Health professionals should be paid more than $13 an hour
We do a lot and we're not asking to be millionaires. The 'Medicare Don't Care' (Medicaid) culture has to stop.
- •Just because we're unlicensed doesn't mean we know any less than a licensed therapist.
- •We are expected to provide the same treatment as a licensed therapist.
- •We often provide this treatment at their home which is dangerous.
- •The seriously mentally ill population is often abandoned by family and have no friends because of their symptoms and stigma.
- •We work non-stop to keep the SMI population out of jail when in reality the police should have brought them directly to the hospital.
- •We find resources so they have money, homes, food, and medication.
- •We are with them for medical appointments and advocate for them at every turn.
- •We teach them how to live with mental illness.
- •We WANT to be there with them.