Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •"Ragged Old Flag" by Johnny Cash
- •"American Boy" by Estelle
- •"American Girls" by the Counting Crows
She's a 5-year old dog, has suffered abuse, lived outdoors, been adopted by my parents only to have been diagnosed with B-cell lymphoma twice now. But her life of bringing love and life to others is what I'll always remember her for, long after she's gone. 🐶
- •Sticks - she loves sticks. Get loads!
- •Dog parks - less rowdy though. She can't stand nosy guys sniffing around her butt.
- •Running - top of her list! Somehow. Some way. We will run together again sweet girl.
I hope you agree every day you get to see one is a miracle. 😊
April is coming on way too strong 🤔 I want to take it slow. But I love every moment of it!
- 1.Where were you when...? (Insert any huge historical event.)
- 2.What 80s bands do you listen to? Some of us listened to them the first time around.
- 3.When did you graduate from high school? Can I see your prom photo?
I see a lot (way too much) guesswork in the “how come girls drop out of the STEM world? Why not focus on the positives of why they should stay in the science world instead?) p.s. - this is not intended to be a list to exclude boys - it’s just my viewpoint as a former girl, now woman, in science (who's now a writer of everything apparently).
- •because girls are naturally curious about the worldThis is a map of all the interactions between genes in a yeast cell. It looks like a gumdrop!
- •because girls love learning about how people can better interact with their world.Jane Goodall, whose work on primates has led the way and given us focus in understanding our closest relatives in the animal kingdom.
- •because girls want to make things with their hands (and take it from someone who worked in a lab for 10 years, it’s messy and fun). You’d be surprised how many of us are natural bakers - cooking isn’t a girlie thing, it’s a natural sign you love the chemistry behind it.)
- 1.Thank someone who doesn't expect it
- 2.Greet each person I meet with a smile and no judgment
- 3.Go on an adventure. Seek out a new thrill.