Ancient Songs That I Love
Maybe not ancient. But these bad boys came out before I was born. I guess I'm an old soul.
- •September by earth wind and fireI can get down to this. Give me sunglasses and a fancy suit and I'm strolling like a high roller to this baby.
- •The gambler by Kenny RogersI listen to this song because it reminds me that life is tough shit sometimes and that it's okay to feel down. But to know that I've got to keep playing. It's a damn fine song.
- •Cats in the cradle by Harry ChapinMy highest calling in life is to be not just a good father but a great father. I haven't had the best dad (don't worry nothing serious. But we've had our issues) and I learned that I don't want to grow an unhealthy relationship with my children. I want us to connect and to talk and to get through things and I want to be there for them no matter what. So this song kinda reminds me of the pain and my reason for striving to grow into that father that my future children deserve.
- •Carry on my wayward son by KansasAdmittedly all I can think of when I listen to this is Supernatural. But it's a damn fine piece of music no matter what.
- •More than a feeling by BostonJust a fun one to close your eyes and listen to. I'm not sure what it reminds me of. Something important though. Great guitar.
- •Old man by Niel YoungThank you to @HisDudeness for reminding me of this gem. What an amazing song. Tough for me to pinpoint my emotions about it but I love it.