Clenched soul by Pablo Neruda
- •We have lost even this twilight.
- •No one saw us this evening hand in hand while the blue night dropped on the world.
- •I have seen from my window the fiesta of sunset in the distant mountain tops.
- •Sometimes a piece of sun burned like a coin in my hand.
- •I remembered you with my soul clenched in that sadness of mine that you know.
- •Where were you then? Who else was there? Saying what?
- •Why will the whole of love come on me suddenly when I am sad and feel you are far away?
- •The book fell that always closed at twilight and my blue sweater rolled like a hurt dog at my feet.
- •Always, always you recede through the evenings toward the twilight erasing statues.