Podcasts I Really Like
I love more podcasts than I have time to listen to. My tastes are a little all over the map but tend towards things that talk about the arts.
- •StartupA great ants-eye-view about starting a company and figuring out how to build it.
- •SerialCan not wait for it's return. A really in-depth season long look at a crime that still involves a lot of questions.
- •The Tim Ferriss Show
- •Dan Carlin's Hardcore HistoryAmazing extra-long form (think multiple 3 hr episode mini-series) look at some of the most interesting points of human history. SO good.
- •The Phil Vischer PodcastA panel discussing faith, culture, and whatever else enters their minds.
- •The @nerdistCool interviews with cool people. I dig it especially when they interview great producers, writers and directors.
- •Dragon TonguesA really rad podcast about dinosaurs. Nerdy and delightful.
- •I Was There TooInterviews with people who were there but not the stars of some of the most iconic moments in film history.
- •Producing UnscriptedGreat insights into the world of unscripted television and actionable advice for those looking to get into it. I don't currently care for much unscripted TV but lots of the advice applies to all indie video & film creators.
- •Stuff You Should KnowExplaining everything from "How Pez Works" to "How Anonymous Works" to "How Plasma Waste Converters Work"
- •For Colored NerdsTheir description is: "Things black people talk about when white people aren't around"... I'm white so I guess I don't know, but it's good listening.
- •The Vinyl CafeGreat great storytelling by Stuart McLean. Funny, poignant, awesome.
- •The Music Biz WeeklyGreat rundowns and discussions about the music industry hosted by Michael Brandvold
- •Inside MusicGreat interviews of people working in the alternative music scene by James Shotwell
- •Surprisingly AwesomeStuff that seems boring's awesomeness explained! Ps it's another Gimlet Media one.