Starting Something New
Or rather officially launching something that has deserved attention.
- •This is my wife SarahShe is my very favourite human.
- •We met in grade 7, started dating in grade 9 and got married right before I turned 21.
- •For the first several years of out marriage we wrote and produced a monthly family theatre show called "Studio Y?".It ran for 7 seasons before we decided it was time to move on.
- •A couple years later I left my job and started Checkered Owl Media.We manage music artists and also produced a huge variety of film projects.
- •We have been hard at work on Checkered Owl for almost 5 years.Managing Luke Dowler, Tasman Jude, Black Indie and Caleb Hart. Shooting commercials, weddings, music videos, and more.
- •And then last year we had the chance to make a short film.Thanks to an amazing grant program called STORYHIVE!
- •We told the story of a little girl who loses her tooth and then follows a bunny into a magical forest!For an extra bit of fun we were able to work with our kids on it!
- •During that process we rediscovered & became re-enamored with a couple things.#1. How much we love to write and create together as a couple and a family. #2. How many people are looking for great media that they can watch with their whole family. #3. That there is just not enough art created for families that celebrates innocence, hope and joy. ... ..... Inception list!
- •And so we are doing something about it! We are starting to work on a whole bunch of family content.So far some scripts, treatments and manuscripts are all ready to go and we are hunting for the appropriate sponsors, publishers etc.
- •If you are interested in joining us on this journey, we have a FB page.
- •Let us know what you think! Tell the friends.