WHY KELLY CLARKSON IS STILL MY AMERICAN IDOL
It's true @jansonebwoodlee, Kelly is still my American Idol, and here is why:
- •Because "Second Wind," "Let Your Tears Fall," and "Good Goes the Bye" on Piece by Piece (2015) are my most recent Kelly Jams/Anthems.
- •Because she always makes the "How did you know, how did you KNOOOOW" interval at the end of the bridge in "You Found Me" (Breakaway, 2004) even though I cannot do so after years of trying and actually having had someone find me when no one else was looking.
- •Because of the way she says, "This is Beautiful Disaster" before singing in the live recording of Beautiful Disaster (Breakaway, 2004).
- •Because of her open-throated phonation and execution of high belts with (mostly) gritty clarity.
- •Because the story of her doing shots of olive oil during the grueling first season of Idol still inspires me during really grueling karaoke nights.
- •Because I still imagine the vocal coachings she gave Clay on the tour bus in 2004 and I use the imaginary dialogue to teach myself to make a really forward sound and have big breath support.
- •Because she don't give no Effs about what people say about her body.
- •Because @jansonebwoodlee and I are going to see her August 1st!!! Last time we saw her live, I lost my Blackberry v1.0 and my parents' last hope for my heterosexuality.