A DOZEN LITERARY LANDMARKS I'D LIKE TO VISIT 🌍
(But have not yet)
- 1.Andalusia. Flannery O'Connor's houseWhere O'Connor wrote. And raised peacocks.
- 2.Rowan Oak. William Faulkner's house in Oxford, MississippiWhere Faulkner outlined one of his novels (A Fable) on the walls of his office
- 3.Shakespeare & Co. Books in Paris, FranceThe current location of the bookstore where (at the earlier location) Hemingway and James Joyce (among others) hung out.
- 4.Stratford-upon-Avon, EnglandBecause Shakespeare!
- 5.Mark Twain's HouseHe wrote a lot of his books here, including Huck Finn
- 6.Bird GirlCreepy statue from Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- 7.Paul Bowles's apartment in MoroccoI wonder who lives there now?
- 8.Walden PondTo visit deliberately.
- 9.Hemingway's HouseHe wrote parts of Farewell to Arms and For Whom the Bells Tolls here. And it was a good house and he liked it.
- 10.Kurt Vonnegut LibrarySo it goes.
- 11.Monroe County CourthouseBecause Scout and To Kill a Mockingbird
- 12.McCandless's BusFrom Into the Wild. RIP, Chris. I hope you found what you were looking for.