ABOUT MY ATHEISM
Why i am an Atheist:
- •It is clear from my reading and study of world literature that most of our creation myths all branch from the same stories created by humans to explain their world/calm their fears of the unknown
- •I believe in science/things you can prove/things that are supported by evidence
- •I was not raised to believe in anythingThough my Polish Catholic grandma used to take us to church on Easter to have our kielbasa blessed
- •Because I hope to Tesla that after I die, that's itI don't want infinite Heaven or infinite Hell. Both sound simply awful.
- •I believe in the insignificance of humans on a universal levelsThe universe is huge and very old. Humanity is young and microscopic. We hold no privileged position in the universe. But that's okay.
- •The meaning of life for an Atheist is very immediate and urgentYou have one shot at life. Make the most of it.
- •I am still very interested in religion/religious stories from a literary/historical point of viewIt is a significant part of much of humanity and is interesting to think about how it connects us.
- •I like the idea that I am in charge of my own destinyAnd that I'm not a puppet to a higher power or predestination. It's all up to me. I have the power.
- •Life is already so much about bullshit and lies we're all complicit inSo it's nice to acknowledge and accept the fiction of God.
- •I have more free time since I don't go to church/synagogue/temple
- •But I totes respect what you believe :)