It's the worst word ever. Examples:
- •I love you, but I have to leave you.
- •Thanks for asking, but, no, I'm not pregnant.
- •Thanks. I'd tell Uncle Rupert you said "hello!", but he was just gored to death by a bull.
- •I'd enjoy a slice of carrot cake, but I'm diabetic.
- •Your new suit looks great, but your fly is down.
- •Thank you for calling, but all operators are currently busy helping other callers.
- •Thanks for the invite to your corn hole party, but I'm busy that afternoon.
- •Your transit card is still valid, but you just missed the last train.
- •You are a very qualified candidate, but the cupcake baker position has been filled.
- •You would like to continue your journey along The Oregon Trail, but you have died of dysentery.
- •We appreciate your many years of service to Evil Corp., but we're going to have to let you go.
- •I know you were saving those plums in the icebox for lunch, but I have eaten them. They were delicious. So sweet and so cold.
- •Hopefully, this is a worthy submission to "Draft Week", @john. But if not, I understand.
- •This was sitting in my Drafts folder forever because I thought it wasn't that amazing. But maybe it is! But maybe it isn't.