ERNEST HEMINGWAY'S MOJITO RECIPE
Drink invented at La Bodeguita del Medio in Havana, Cuba
- •6 fresh mint sprigs
- •1 oz lime juice
- •3/4 oz simple syrup
- •2 oz light rum
- •Lime wedge
- •Crush 5 mint sprigs into the bottom of a chilled highball glass. Pour in lime juice, simple syrup, and rum. Fill glass with crushed ice. Garnish with lime wedge and remaining mint sprig. Maybe add a splash of club soda if you wanna.
- •Drink like you are wrestling a bear
- •From 'The Three-Day Blow,' 1925: "I'm a little drunk now," Nick said. "You aren't drunk," Bill said... Bill poured the glass half full of whiskey. "Put in your own water," he said. "There's just one more shot." "Got any more?" Nick asked. "There's plenty more, but Dad only likes me to drink what's open."
- •"Sure," said Nick. "He says opening bottles is what makes drunkards," Bill explained. "That's right," said Nick. He was impressed. He had never thought of that before. He always thought it was solitary drinking that made drunkards.
- •(I found this in an online article on NPR and it is yummy)