FAMOUS LITERARY WORKS ABOUT BROOKLYN, NY USA ➕➕
What are some other works where Brooklyn is a character or major setting? I mean big-timey books, not “Oh, yeah, my brother wrote a thingie called Brooklyn Vampire Squids Eat Your Mama’s Hat!” or whatever.
- •Last Exit to Brooklyn by Hubert Selby, Jr.
- •A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- •Only the Dead Know Brooklyn”, by Thomas Wolfe
- •Fortress of SolitudeJonathan LethemSuggested by @ameliarunyan
- •The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael ChavonSuggested by @alissamaynot
- •"Brooklyn Follies" - Paul AusterAlso "Oracle Night" and "The Falling Man" IIRCSuggested by @evanp
- •Sunset ParkPaul AusterSuggested by @ameliarunyan
- •Just KidsSuggested by @saraivry
- •"Motherless Brooklyn" by LethemSuggested by @GrahamTravis
- •"Brooklyn," by Colm ToibinSuggested by @gcowles
- •"Desperate Characters," by Paula FoxSuggested by @gcowles