HOW DO YOU DE-STRESS?
Please send tips. I'm feeling overwhelmed!
- •I'm out sweeping leaves to see if that will help me calm down!
- •listening to podcasts, writing down (in a list!) all of my worries, drinking more water, breathing techniques, playing music (or any hobby/creative thing you enjoy), beer, talking to friends about what stresses you out (over beer??)Suggested by @jamiek
- •Eat something with a lot of melted cheese on it.Suggested by @stars
- •Go-tos: walk, wine, bath, call MomSuggested by @LizDawson
- •Talk to a friend, eat Indian food, smoke a lil somethin somethin sometimes, lay down and close my eyes even if it's not sleeping, watch/read something with good nostalgia (I've been watching Harry Potter this week for that reason)Suggested by @ErinFlaherty
- •Make a big kettle of mint rose tea. Consume slowly while working crossword puzzles.Suggested by @emily_elizabeth
- •Yoga, write, go outside, hydrate, watch Pirates of the Caribbean.Suggested by @reusse
- •Blast great music and clean the house! Fixing the chaos in my surroundings is easier than trying to do the same in my head and it helps a lot!Suggested by @alissamaynot
- •1) exercise - burn off all the extra energy and thoughts with some interval training or running 2) yoga & mindfulnessSuggested by @aminam
- •1.) take a deep breath 2.) laugh at my dumb problems 3.) Watch LOTR 4.) call MA MAHMSuggested by @marymurphy
- •1) Lie flat on your back and - from your toes up - imagine each muscle and bone inflate like a balloon on an inhale, then flatten completely on an exhale until your entire body is an empty balloon. Stay there a few minutes, then wiggle your toes, feet, legs, etc., and stretch/make a noise like a cat.
- •2) bourbon OR weed
- •3) put on 99 Red Balloons (but in German, which I won't try to spell) and dance in a manner than can only be described as "going full retard." If you're out of breath at the end, you did it right. Best when practiced after 1) and 2).
- •Long hot shower with the lights dimmed, clean pjs, cup of herbal tea then straight to bed. Bonus if you put fresh, clean sheets on the bed first.Suggested by @ohwowawesome
- •West Wing, ice cream and 🍷Suggested by @bookishclaire