MOVIE REMAKES I'D LIKE TO SEE 🎥
Most remakes these days are bad/unnecessary. Here's a few that could be awesome if remade today, IMHO.
- 1.Citizen KaneBut the insane/reclusive billionaire is modeled after someone like Zuckerberg. Or Elon Musk.
- 2.Rear WindowBut instead of peeking into literal windows, he could peek into people's social media "windows."
- 3.HarveyThis could be amazing, especially with a "straight man" like George Clooney or Harrison Ford as Dowd. And especially if they never actually reveal Harvey.
- 4.Sunset BoulevardBut with a fading reality star of today like Paris Hilton.
- 5.On the WaterfrontBut the guy works at like a modern day oil company or something. Or at a mega-bank.
- 6.West Side StoryBut the love story is between a PhD aerospace engineering student at Purdue and a local, uneducated "townie" in Lafayette, Indiana.
- 7.It's a Wonderful LifeWhat is an ideal life in 2015? What do we all hope for? What would we miss if it was gone? How are our values different than in 1945?
- 8.12 Angry MenBut with women and minorities. And maybe at a trial of a fictional Edward Snowden type "criminal."
- 9.Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid or Bonnie and ClydeI think we romanticize (or not?) vigilante outlaws differently nowadays.
- 10.Mr. Smith Goes to WashingtonWould be interesting to see this against the backdrop of the dysfunctional, partisan shit-show that is our 2015 U. S. Senate.
- 11.The Grapes of WrathBut the story is about a rural Chinese family who migrate to an Eastern-China metropolis to work at an iPhone factory.
- 12.NetworkBut in a modern Internet news/gossip company like Jezebel or HuffPo.
- 13.American GraffitiSurely high school graduation is a much different experience for "Millennials" (or whatever the generation after them is called) than it was in 1962.
- 14.Taxi DriverBut now it's an Uber Driver.