THINGS FOR SALE IN THE LITTLE ADS ON THE SIDES OF NEW YORKER MAGAZINE PAGES
(NOTE: I went to some of the advertisers' Web sites to look up prices.) Vive le 1%. CC: @newyorker
- •These are the ads I mean:
- •THE PRODUCTS:
- •Black leather Bauhaus-style upholstered bed and frame starting at $3,599
- •Like...a 3' by 2' print of a beech leaf for $1,040
- •A platinum ring with a 2.69 ct emerald cut emerald (whatever that means) flanked by two diamonds (3.08 cts) for $57,500I'm not making these up
- •A week at a family camp in Vermont at $6,690 for a rustic, 4-bedroom cabin
- •Inpatient drug treatment care at a private hospital in Connecticut. Cost unknown. But you cannot afford it.
- •A 1" long 14K solid gold golden retriever in a velvet box for $450
- •A lil cashmere beanie for $155
- •A platinum ring with your family crest on it for $5,390Haha family crest like you mean the toothpaste we used right??
- •A lovely barge cruise down a river in France for $7,095 per person per week (based on double occupancy). Wine not included.
- •A 1/2" diameter 14K gold hummingbird pin that has a diamond eye in a velvet box for $475
- •A fedora for $165
- •A "super deluxe" French beret for $92
- •Ok there is also a "deluxe" French beret for $55 but look at how much less deluxe it is:Soooooooo not deluxe enough