WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST REGRET?
Be honest. No joke answers. What do you most regret from across the span of your entire natural life?
- •Getting married to the wrong person.Suggested by Chris Kubica
- •Not getting a Ph.D.I got a B.S. In Physics from UC Berkeley and talked to a lot of graduate programs but decided to take a year off working for a software company. One year became three became ten; the pay was too good to consider going back to a graduate student salary. By the time I was starting my own companies I felt too far embedded, but I often wonder what my life would be like at a lab or university.Suggested by @evanp
- •Every relationship I've ever hadOnly because I lost my compassion and can't fathom the idea being in love again. I feel like I wasted being a hopeless romantic on the wrong people. My feelings have wrung me out and my heart is kind of like a deflated balloon. I always thought being in love was happiness but now I don't think that's true, I'm still figuring it out.Suggested by @ErinFlaherty
- •The way I moved out of my parents' home: I was in college, but still basically living at home. My mother, and I got in a huge fight, I packed my stuff, and left that night. I was planning on moving out the following summer anyway, but the fight made me do it sooner. I couch surfed for a month then got an apartment. Wish I'd left on better terms.Suggested by @linzamauve
- •My last relationshipHonestly, this is also my only regret. It was as close to perfect as I ever dreamed I would find, until the minute it wasn't and everything about my life has been different since that day.Suggested by @pocketpenguin
- •Having grown distant from my little brotherI was never home going to boarding school but I think I disapproved of him too much in hopes of motivating himSuggested by @hannieshit
- •I have many that were regrets (family issues, ex husband issues, falling out with girlfriends issues, plus more) ...but, over the last 3years of working issues out and learning to let much of them go, it's now down to just 1! I regret not having traveled more (before kids).Suggested by @T
- •Not going to Germany the summer before my senior year of high school because I was afraid my boyfriend at the time would cheat on me if I did.He did anyway.Suggested by @sky
- •Not working harder in high school and to some degree college. Looking back I realize I wasted so many amazing opportunities and could have learned so much more. Now that I appreciate learning I don't have time to do it! I think my life would be very different if I had been a better student.Suggested by @Mary