WHO ALL DIES (AND HOW) IN HAMLET, CHRONOLOGICALLY
Either characters in the play or people mentioned by characters in the play
- •Yorick the jesterOf old age, I presume
- •King FortinbrasSlain in battle by King Hamlet
- •King HamletOf a "leperous distilment" poured into his ear
- •King Priam of TroyKilled in battle and then literally "minced" to pieces with a sword
- •The Player KingBy poison poured in his ear. But he is only pretending to die in a play. Har har.
- •PoloniusStabbed through a tapestry like the rat he is
- •OpheliaDrowned herself
- •Rosencrantz*Beheaded in England
- •Guildenstern*Beheaded in England
- •LaertesStabbed with a poison sword
- •Queen GertrudeDrinks poisoned wine
- •King ClaudiusForced to drink poisoned wine and stabbed with a poisoned sword
- •Prince HamletCut with a poisoned sword
- •*Rosencrantz dies first if you take what is implied in Tom Stoppard's play, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, as canonical.