A road trip with my daughter to Colorado
My daughter just turned 7 and we are driving up to a small town in Colorado from my house in the Dallas area. these are the events throughout our adventure.....God help me......
- •0440- I wake up with hope of a great trip. The car is packed. The kiddo is asleep and I need to get my morning moving to get on the road.Number of times I stub a toe-1 Number of times I forget something upstairs-4 Current song in my head- "Amarillo Sky"
- •0520- Car is ready and running. Kiddo is now asleep in the back seat. I'm hoping I can make it a To 0700 before she wakes up.She woke up at 0525 and hungry Number of street lights before getting coffee-3 Number of times she says she is hungry before coffee-6 Number of times "Let it go" has played before coffee-2 Current song in my head- "Don't stop me now"
- •0700- 1st pit stop of the trip. Need gas and to stretch our legs. Kiddo has been good since she ate and is playing with her toys. Although I am pretty sure the toys are telling her to mess with me....Number of times she has tapped me on the head with a toy-4 Number of times "Let it go" has played- 5 Current song in my head - "rap god"
- •0820- ok, I'm pretty sure she and her toys are plotting against me. They have been set up in a flanking position behind the passenger side seat. She keeps telling me that "everything will be ok"I don't believe her! Number of times she has talked like the devil-3 Number of times she has mentioned my disappearance-2 Number of times "Let it go" has played-9 Current song in my head- nothing...I'm just trying to block out let it go.
- •0900- she fell asleep, and I'm glad she can sleep in the car. She has been a little bit different this trip for some reason. But we are making good time.Everytime she moves it sounds like she is talking but I can't make it out. Number of hours we have been on the road-4.5 Number of times she has told me she doesn't want to drive there anymore-4 Number of semi trucks she has gotten to honk-3 Number of times "Let it go" has played-13 Current song in my head- "welcome to good burger home of the good burger can I take your order" I might be losing it...
- •1145- She is up, lunch is done and we are back at it. She has started building something in the back but I don't know what it is. I hope she is willing to clean it up later!She is now looking at me like I'm an enemy. Should I worry? Number of bottles of water I have had-3 Number of games we have played-4 Number of times "Let it go" has played-18 Current song in my head- "Highway to hell" is this a premonition?
- •1300- she has constructed a wall with archers in the back between the front and the back seats. She is now calling herself the queen of the back dwellers.Number of times I have thought of calling my therapist-3 Number of times I have thought of calling 911- 2 Number of times "Let it go" has played-22 Current song in my head "Crush"
- •1530- she has begun sharpening her barbies into spears. And I am bleeding from my head. When did she hit me? Was it stabbed? Should I stop and get help or would that anger the queen?Number of bandages I have left-4 Number of hours remIning-4.5 Number of objects I have to defend myself from an attack-0 Number of times "Let it go" has played- upper 20s Current song in my head- "please God don't let her kill me"
- •1730- I think dinner has appeased the queen. She has granted my wish of finishing up the drive but Michaelangelo and the storm trooper must ride up front to make sure I don't try any funny business.I'm doomed Number of times "Let it go" has played- mid 30s I think.... Number of pints of blood I've lost-1
- •1930- we are 30 minutes away from our destination. I have been taken hostage by a demon.Sam and Dean winchester did not prepare me for this. I have no recourse and the Bible is in the trunk The radio is off but "Let it go" is still playing through the speakers...I'm not going to make it.
- •2000- I just crawled out of the car. My family is wondering what happened to me. They say I look like mad max after a big battle. I can't believe I survived...... I have to drive back to Texas in 8 days........... Send help