Things I say WAY to often and know I should stop!
We all have that "Phrase" or response to conversations that are just ingrained into out memory. It's a habit and you don't realize you do it....or you do and don't care. Here are some of mine.
- •"Sure"It's the immediate response with absolute reassurance and broad ambiguity. I could me yes or no with the same word.
- •"I'm good, how are you"I would give you my real answer but you don't want to hear it and I don't want the urge to bury myself in a bottle of scotch to tell you my tales!
- •"Cool, sounds good"I am absolutely positively not paying attention to you.
- •"Damn, I'm sorry I missed (insert event here)"See above phrase
- •"We should hang out, get the kids together and catch up"I know you are too busy to do this but it gets my social obligation to continue friendship out of the way.
- •"Nope"I'm telling you. 3 episodes of "Archer" and it is just ingrained into my reactionary cortex lobe! Usable in most situations!
- •"Awesome"Really? I'm not in awe but I feel like a dick if I say "meh, it's ok" so you get "awesome" !
- •"Fuck that!!"This works on so many levels!
- •"It's been so good to see you"No.....not it has not
- •"Son of a bitch"Look. I have nothing against your mother. I bet she is a wonderful lady. It just is a more accepted phrase to utter over some others. It was ok for the FCC in 1982 for E.T.
- •"Logically" / "Actually"I'm grouping these up because they serve the same purpose. You have managed to absolutely annoy me and instead of telling you I'll "SEE U Next Thursday" I just start making up crap to irritate you. It's now become a game of chicken and I don't mind getting punched in the face.
- •"Princess"I reserve this for the dudes who complain nonstop about everything.
- •"I'm tired "I am not really tired, I just dont want to deal with crap and I know you don't want to hear about my problems.
- •"I was away from my phone"Ha, yeah right! I just didn't want to answer.
- •"What up home slice"Yes, I am aware I am way to white to pull this off, which is why I do it. Breaking down barriers.
- •"Deadpool 2016"For those oh so fun $2 beer night at the local Fox N the Hound where some jackass thought now was a good time to bring up politics!