QUESTIONS I'VE COME UP WITH FOR THE JAPANESE
It's officially been a week since I arrived in Japan for my internship this summer, and I develop more questions everyday. More will be added as they present themselves.
- •Why do y'all only have 2 speeds: dead sprint or snail-paced walk. Surely there should be a happy medium?
- •I know that you begin learning English in middle school so how is it that NONE of you actually know how to speak it?
- •So, is the handshake a hard no after doing the business card exchange/bowing ceremony, because that's led to too many awkward situations for my taste.
- •Speaking of, how low are you looking for this bow to be? I'm really not into it, but receive upwards of 100 a day, and feel obliged to reciprocate with at least like a head nod.
- •How awestruck do y'all continue to be by these bullet trains? I accidentally forgot to take off my ID badge one day and all of a sudden EVERYONE spoke English, and had questions.
- •So Godzilla is still a big thing...?