Books I Didn't Finish
Behold: my reading shame.
- •Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha ChristieI wanted to be cool and read this before the movie with Johnny Depp came out but the audiobook was boring.
- •The Wildest Heart by Rosemary RogersI don't even remember starting this one tbh
- •Indigo by Beverly JenkinsA famous romance novel that wasn't as well-written as I'd hoped.
- •The Swans of Fifth Avenue by Melanie BenjaminI just hated this.
- •Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi CoatesAfter the 2016 election I felt like I HAD to read this but it didn't hold my interest because I am a monster. Sorry Toni Morrison. 😔
- •The Bell Jar by Sylvia PlathWhen it got too dark, I bailed.
- •The Valley of Amazement by Amy TanI will probably (maybe?) go back to this one at some point
- •Are You My Mother? by Alison BechdelNot as good as her first comic autobiography that I can't remember the name of even though it's famous enough to have its own broadway musical that I have seen.
- •Yes Please by Amy PoehlerI wanted to love this but we just couldn't get into the audiobook even though it was read by the author herself.
- •Radio Girls by Sarah-Jane Stratford
- •Dead Witch WalkingA friend recommended this to me but I don't really jam on contemporary fantasy.
- •Stone Mattress by Margaret AtwoodAudiobook with famous readers but... so boring.
- •Roadside Assistance by Marie HarteIt's not like I was expecting this to be a *good* book but it was just really really awful. Couldn't get past the first chapter.
- •Me Before You by Jojo MoyesGot like 85% through before I realized there was no way this was going to have a Happily Ever After, so I bailed.