Actually Said at Iep Meetings...
- •"Well it's not like she died." School nurse explaining why it was okay for a student to go without hydration for 1/2 day field trip in 100+ degree weather.
- •"She's the lowest I have." Resource teacher to a parent about her child's abilities.
- •"We asked her and she doesn't have a suicide plan." Administrator to parent about why the school didn't need to address her daughter's statements that she couldn't take the bullying anymore and wanted to die.
- •"Do you think the parent understands how low her son is?" Teacher to advocate, justifying his resistance to speech and occupational therapies.
- •"He chooses to look that way. He could cut his nails and dress differently." Vice principal to IEP team about how a student could deal with being bullied and harassed.