Stoned Oscars 2016 - Best Limited Role
Overlooked and under appreciated by the common moviegoer, these hidden gems stole the show for the stoned viewer.
- 1.Mr. Green (Michael Shannon) - THE NIGHT BEFOREA candidate for all-time great movie drug dealer, Mr. Green is a blend of conventional dealer sleaze, paranoia, and awkward friendliness, mixed with thought-provoking wisdom of a Christmas spirit. Both hysterical and trippy at the same time -- legendary!
- 2.O.B. (James Parks) - THE HATEFUL EIGHTReally doesn't contribute much to the plot except drive the stagecoach and get the short end of the stick in every which way -- literally drawing the short straw and having to go outside into the blizzard, then drinking a poisoned cup of coffee and dying a miserable death. Seemingly the most innocent of the movie's characters, O.B.'s unfair misfortunes become so ridiculous they're comical.
- 3.Bear - THE REVENANTYes, the bear that brutally mauls our poor boy Leo. She's only in it for one scene but man is it ever insane. Probably more scary for the stoned viewer, but the visual effects put into showing the sheer power and ferocity of the bear is mesmerizing to sober and high eyes alike. Totally trippy when you're stoned though!
- 4.Rictus (Nathan Jones) - MAD MAXAnother example of over-the-top ridiculousness of a character paying dividends. In an already ludicrous movie, this guy -- and the shit he says -- is so absurd, it's hysterical. He's basically a child in a massively jacked mutant's body, and it's hard to keep your composure whenever he says anything.
- 5.Krampus - KRAMPUSThe monster after which this high-movie classic is named... Krampus the character, in the movie KRAMPUS, rarely shows his face in this one, but the tension building up to it, combined with how damn scary he looks, makes his ultimate appearance both rewarding and absolutely terrifying -- Not to mention the horrifying concept of a demon stealing children on Christmas.