My Favorite Female Artist, In Honor of International Women's Day
- •Vivian Maier"She was a Socialist, a Feminist, a movie critic, and a tell-it-like-it-is type of person. She learned English by going to theaters, which she loved. ... She was constantly taking pictures, which she didn't show anyone."
- •Lee Krasner"I have never been able to understand the artist whose image never changes."
- •Frida Kahlo"I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best."
- •Dorothea Lange"I believe in living with the camera and not using the camera."
- •Margaret Kilgallen"I like things that are handmade and I like to see people's hand in the world, anywhere in the world; it doesn't matter to me where it is."
- •Annie Leibovitz"A thing that you see in my pictures is that I was not afraid to fall in love with these people."
- •Corita Kent"That's why people listen to music or look at paintings. To get in touch with that wholeness."