Poetry Books Sitting On My Desk Waiting To Be Read
In honor of April being National Poetry Month
- •"The Crown Ain't Worth Much" by Hanif Willis-AbdurraqibI actually only have 15 pages left to read but I don't want to finish it because then it will be over...
- •"milk and honey" by rupi kaurI kind of hate to say anything about this one because I feel like it's a cult classic. I started it already but it's been a slow go because it's heavy subject matter.... it's not like The Crown Ain't Worth Much isn't heavy. It's just different. It's hard to explain.
- •"Our Numbered Days" by Neil HilbornI bought this one at Barnes and Noble after they didn't have Olivia Gatwood's book. Hilborn appears to be a prominent player in the present poetry scene.
- •"The Sobbing School" by Joshua BennettI've followed Bennett since his Elxano Project days. Excited for this. Also bought at Barns and Noble when they didn't have Gatwood's book.
- •"New American Best Friend" by Olivia GatwoodWow!!! I feel like I've waited for this for a long time. I'm expecting to learn a lot from it.
- •"Said The Manic To The Muse" by Jeanann VerleeThis is an older book than the rest on the list. I got it for Christmas. Verlee is a classic.