Ways I'm Resurrecting Last Summer
I have a funny relationship with summer, which is to say I am convinced it is trying to kill me. It's not that last summer was great, it's that I survived it and am romanticizing it in hindsight. This week, I realized I was trying to slip into the routine that got me through last summer.
- •Eating salad for dinner out of a potI didn't have a bowl last summer. I still don't have a bowl.
- •Making a breakfast sandwich on an English muffin, wrapping it in foil, and placing it on top of the coffee pot to stay warm.
- •Packing coffee in my blue thermos
- •Listening to In the HeightsLast summer all I did was listen to Lin Manuel. I haven't revisited Hamilton yet this summer. I am sure I will soon.
- •Wearing my headphones and dancing as I walk through an empty campusCampus hasn't been empty since last summer
- •Braiding my hair before bed
- •Diffusing lavender and lemongrass essential oils at night
- •Wearing my shark shirt