Little Things I Enjoy About Air Travel
On the lighter side...up, up, and away!
- •The viewThough I often have my window closed (it's bright out and commonly just white below) at times the view is fantastic. One of my favorite Instagram posts I've put up is a picture of Chicago beneath a partly cloudy sky. Love it.
- •The placesThere is so much to see in this wide world, and if I want to see as many parts of it as possible, air travel is the ticket.
- •The speedSeriously, I'm jetting through the air at hundreds of miles per hour. Amazing the distance we can cover in such a short time. I mean the Oregon trail would take people months! No dysentery here!
- •The air vent when it is properly workingA nice cool breeze when I'm a bit hot. Necessary. And the newer planes allow for a fair amount of control.
- •The witty pilotsI always appreciate humor and wit from the pilot. Sets people at ease who are nervous about flying, and entertains those of us who aren't.
- •The people watchingAs a fairly frequent flyer, I find it a bit funny to watch everyone handle air travel differently. And there is an amazing variety of people on most every flight. It's refreshing and interesting.
- •The Zzzzz....White noise on planes can put me out like a light. I actually sleep rather well on planes, and enjoy it.
- •The quiet for readingI've gotten pretty bad about reading lately, but I can always dive into a book (on the iPad these days) while on a plane...if I'm not sleeping.