10 TIPS TO WRITE THE PERFECT COVER LETTER
If you want employers to take notice, you need a cover letter that elevates your application from the rest of the pack. Here are some tips to write the perfect cover letter and land the interview.
- 1.Address the letter to “Charles or Christina Kentworth”
- 2.Make small talk before you bring up the job.
- 3.Explain what a résumé is.
- 4.Give each paragraph a compelling title.
- 5.Include pictures of your previous bosses smiling.
- 6.Promise not to embezzle money from them.
- 7.Explain that you really need this job.
- 8.Quote Liam Neeson’s speech from Taken verbatim.
- 9.Also apply to be CEO.
- 10.Thank them for their time and consideration, and tell them you are showing up for work on Monday.