10 TIPS TO WRITE THE PERFECT COVER LETTER
If you want employers to take notice, you need a cover letter that elevates your application from the rest of the pack. Here are some tips to write the perfect cover letter and land the interview.
- •Address the letter to “Charles or Christina Kentworth”
- •Make small talk before you bring up the job.
- •Explain what a résumé is.
- •Give each paragraph a compelling title.
- •Include pictures of your previous bosses smiling.
- •Promise not to embezzle money from them.
- •Explain that you really need this job.
- •Quote Liam Neeson’s speech from Taken verbatim.
- •Also apply to be CEO.
- •Thank them for their time and consideration, and tell them you are showing up for work on Monday.