- •I was married for six years.
- •I got divorced two years ago.
- •It was and remains to be the most difficult thing I've gone through in my life.
- •My mantra throughout this time has been Forward Progress.
- •It's what I told myself while I was packing my clothes, the decorations I used to make our house a home, and pictures.
- •It is what I told myself when I didn't want to get out of bed.
- •And it's what I told myself when I started back in college a year ago.
- •Yesterday would've have been our eight year wedding anniversary if things had been different.
- •I sat on the porch and listened to the rain fall and thought about all the forward progress I've made, even when it was only getting out of bed, or getting dressed in real clothes, or facing my family and friends, or going back to school, or realizing quite recently that I still have value as a women and that I've got a lot to offer the world.