SOME DAMN GOOD MASHED POTATOES
I have been a mashed potato ho since the day I was born. Today I have discovered the easiest, most delicious, tummy warming meal starring my all time favorite food
- •First let me say this is a cheap, easy, animal product-free meal
- •Little to no cooking is involved
- •That was a lie, there's some cookingBut it is EASY
- •I used this recipe: http://minimalistbaker.com/the-best-damn-vegan-mashed-potatoes/ except also I didn'tI did not use garlic, chives, or vegan butter!!! I flavored mine with salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast flakes to taste.
- •DONT BE AFRAID TO SPLURGE ON THE NUTRITIONAL YEASTI've wanted to buy it for literally YEARS but was always turned off by the price ($8). I've made these lovely potatoes twice and still have enough NY to make like 40 more pots of it so it's worth the money! And it's great in other stuff too. (Also if you're riding the vegan train, it's got that B12 we're always hounding after)
- •Okay so you've made the recipe, it took like 25 minutes, you're thinking shit this is the easiest thing ever and now I have potatoes
- •BUT WAIT
- •STOP THERE
- •To round this off, to really make this a meal that will make you so so happy...
- •Get yerself one of these lil dudesThat's Amy's lentil soup
- •Open the can and drain juuuust a bit of the broth
- •Pour the can into a bowl and heat it in your microwave for like 1:30You're gonna need a big-ish bowl
- •When it comes out just scoop some of your potatoes into there, right on top!
- •And TA-DAA
- •Mashed potatoes and hearty, healthy, tasty lentil soup gravy
- •It's snowing and cold here. I just made this and feel like I'm chillin by the fire with the Lil House on the Prairie peeps
- •Please go forth and make some for yourself