Albums that changed my life
- •Kiss: DestroyerI was 10 years old in 1976. What do you expect?
- •The Ramones: The RamonesLike millions of others, these four magnificent dopes changed my life. Never heard rock and roll more vital before or since
- •The Cars: The CarsI support any presidential candidate who pledged to change the national anthem to "Just What I Needed"
- •The Clash: London CallingThey were called "The Only Band That Matters." Talk about truth in advertising.
- •Van Halen: Van Halen"You know I been to the edge. Then I stood and looked down. You know I lost a lot of friends there baby. I got no time to mess around"
- •The Replacements: TimMy favorite album from my favorite band. Rough around the edges yet thoughtful. Sarcastically smart-assed but wearing their hearts in their sleeves. In other words, just like me when I first heard them
- •REM: Murmur"What's he sayin'?" Every college kid in 1984
- •Public Enemy: It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us BackMy hip-hop gateway drug
- •De La Soul: 3 Feet High and RisingHip Hop with real wit. And grooves
- •Liz Phair: Exile in GuyvilleShe told truths I needed to hear when I needed to hear them-with guitars!