Five of My Favorite Things From This Batshit Wsj Story on $100 Million Houses in Bel Air
This fabulous story by @candace is snuff film grade real estate porn and pure comedic gold: http://www.wsj.com/articles/where-prices-start-at-115-million-bel-airs-trophy-home-boom-1446126541
- •Beautifully restrained paragraphs where you can feel the author trying not to laugh: "Designs for homes in the Park Bel Air call for IMAX movie theaters and master suites as large as 8,000 square feet with closets that include catwalks and built-in cameras for viewing outfits from multiple angles. Two of the homes will have race-car simulators."
- •One home has plans for a "champagne room" which is a glass rotunda whose walls are filled with bubbling liquid.
- •The story makes a rich entertainment lawyer and the former CEO of Ticketmaster sound like poor people being gentrified.
- •Why would anyone need four swimming pools? "Why would you NOT need four swimming pools?" replies the developer of a house listed for $500 million.
- •I am just getting started.