8 KITCHEN TOOLS THAT MAKE HOLIDAY COOKING A BREEZE
Check your kitchen toolbox now and avoid culinary embarrassment during the holidays. Unfortunately, you will need some cooking skills as well. For more details: http://www.consumerreports.org/kitchen-knives/tools-that-makes-holiday-cooking-a-breeze
- 1.Ginsu Chikara knivesThis 8-piece set will help you perfectly carve your turkey. And, at $75, it won't break your piggy bank.
- 2.Calphalon Simply Nonstick 10-inch panYour holiday conversations might turn "sticky" but your food won't with this non-stick pan, a Consumer Reports Best Buy.
- 3.Cutting boardYou need at least three cutting boards in your kitchen. One for raw meat, one for vegetables, and another one for cooked meat. We recommend polypropylene or another dishwasher-safe material for raw meat. The other ones are up to you.
- 4.Meat thermometerNo one wants to serve an under-cooked turkey, so stick it with a thermometer. You're better off choosing a digital one for its accuracy.
- 5.TongsFrom flipping meat to tossing a salad, this kitchen tool will prove more useful than all of your questionable "helpers."
- 6.Roasting rackImpress your guests with a bird that's crisp and evenly cooked using a roasting rack.
- 7.Kitchen twineCooking skills not up to par? Well, presentation won't help you but it might still wow your guests. Use kitchen twine to keep your bird in place while cooking.
- 8.Storage containersYou know how Thanksgiving dinner is great but the leftovers are even better? Make sure you've got somewhere to put them.