Bedtime Banter with a 7-Year-Old
- •We had said prayers, set the timer on the radio, and the only thing left to do was kiss my 7-year-old son goodnight.
- •Immediately, he hid under the covers.
- •Reaching for the lump of blankets containing his head, I remarked, "What is this?"
- •In unison, we said in fake shock, "A butt!" Shared laugh.
- •Pulling back the covers, all I could see was the top of his head. This of course led to the comment from me, "Ew, a hairy butt!" Second laugh in unison.
- •Appropriate banter? No, 'butt jokes' are borderline at best. A few shared laughs with my son? Worth it.