Can I Trust You with a Secret?
I needed to buy a birthday present for my youngest son. I had 45 minutes to run to Target and purchase it. My oldest son was home.
- 1.Me, "Can I trust you with a secret?"
- 2.Mustering just enough early teen sincerity, my Oldest Son promises yes.
- 3.We scurry to Target. Purchase the last awesome BB-8 Star Wars robot toy in stock. (His name is Ben and he's turning 8. Get it, B-8? Sort of like BB-8? Any who, I chuckled.)
- 4.Racing home, we arrive back just in time to hide it for later processing.
- 5.At that evening's dinner table, I start telling some completely unrelated tale.
- 6.With a wry grin, my oldest son pipes up and asks, "Dad, is this about the secret?" Catching my nasty look from across the table, he backs away from the edge.
- 7.Well, I guess I cannot trust you with a secret. Good to know.