Can I Trust You with a Secret?
I needed to buy a birthday present for my youngest son. I had 45 minutes to run to Target and purchase it. My oldest son was home.
- •Me, "Can I trust you with a secret?"
- •Mustering just enough early teen sincerity, my Oldest Son promises yes.
- •We scurry to Target. Purchase the last awesome BB-8 Star Wars robot toy in stock. (His name is Ben and he's turning 8. Get it, B-8? Sort of like BB-8? Any who, I chuckled.)
- •Racing home, we arrive back just in time to hide it for later processing.
- •At that evening's dinner table, I start telling some completely unrelated tale.
- •With a wry grin, my oldest son pipes up and asks, "Dad, is this about the secret?" Catching my nasty look from across the table, he backs away from the edge.
- •Well, I guess I cannot trust you with a secret. Good to know.