Change of Plans
- •This morning, I had planned to write a wife tribute piece.
- •You see the other day I saw her in the kitchen and what started out as a "yum" thought turned into a feeling of contentment.
- •Nice. Well, that is what I was going to write about, until I walked down the hall.
- •My job was to wake up the boys one-by-one for their return to school from Winter Break.
- •I expected to be greeted with sleepiness.
- •Instead, I found anger. Pure rage. It was as if my children had had their souls replaced with pitch black darkness. A void that could only be healed with time (and the distant promise of Spring Break).
- •Sorry about the change of plans.