Dropping the Math Mic
- •One of the hardest parts of my day is checking my son's Fifth Grade math homework.
- •It's relentless, always there. It's sloppy, penmanship, my dear boy. I'm old, hard to recall all that geometry stuff from 30-plus years ago.
- •So yesterday, one question had him explaining how to approach calculating the area of an irregular shape.
- •Here's his answer. Don't be concerned about reading it. The answer is mostly correct. I shall translate his chicken scratch.
- •"You split the shape in two and then find the volume of each shape add them and BOOM you get your answer"
- •Run on sentence, but great use of the word BOOM in geometry.
- •Drop the mic, Pythagoras!