Honest Reasons I Could Not Hear My Wife
After five hours in the car with my family that involved me constantly leaning over and saying, "Could you repeat that?" or "Sorry, I cannot hear you," my wife is convinced that I need hearing aids. I think the following are the actual reasons.
- 1.KidsLoud, loud children. Very close. Did I mention very loud?
- 2.RainDull constant mind numbing rain. Coupled with the windshield wiper cadence. Mile, after mile, after mile. Please, dear Lord, make it stop.
- 3.Vehicle "Hum"Nothing wrong. Just a hum. Always there. Haunting me. Redhum, redhum.
- 4.RadioWhy must the family insist on the radio? We have not found a good station in over an hour. When even "National" Public Radio can no longer find you, you are out there. Way out there.
- 5.My Wife's VoicePerfectly blends into a pitch to match the radio. Impossible to hear, as the car hums along, the rain pitter patters, the wiper blades thump, and the kids are constantly one level down from a sustained yell. Oh, my poor ears don't need hearing aids, they need a vacation.