"I'm not that far gone" - Treadmill Edition
At lunch, as I hoisted myself onto a treadmill, I considered how it's not as bad as it seems.
- •I can run.Slow, but it counts.
- •My work wants me to succeed.Fact - Dead employees are expensive to replace and awkward to remove from the building.
- •My family loves me.They encourage healthy choices, instead of feeding me the ice cream I would like to eat as a main course.
- •My old clothes miss me.Patiently, they wait in the closet for the smaller version of me to return.
- •Nothing major is broken.Get this under control and the dealer may still honor their warranty.
- •Self control is all I need.Just stop eating so much. That's all I need to do.
- •I've got this. I'm not that far gone.I'll get there. I will succeed. One heavy stride on the treadmill at a time.