Stages of a Two Hour Delay
- 1.Receive automated call at 5AM saying that school would be delayed for two hours due to ice.
- 2.Sadness, great sadness over loss of two precious flex time hours.
- 3.Anxiety over rescheduling and sending out emails that I would be two hours late to work.
- 4.Happiness to go back to bed.
- 5.Sadness, when my wife wakes me up at 7:30 and says that it snowed enough to shovel.
- 6.Gratitude that I have a snow blower and a nice one at that.
- 7.Wonder what is wrong with my kids, who approach me at 9AM asking about breakfast. Uh, cereal. Heard of it? Eat some.
- 8.Joy that at least the snow is good for something.