The Last Mile... er Foot
- •I had driven 4 hours. Nearly 250 miles.
- •I was considerate regarding radio station selections.
- •I was fairly quiet.
- •I let the kids alternate between burying their heads in electronics, sleeping, and conducting border raids in the backseat.
- •Pulling into a rest stop, I was a tad tired.
- •Sure I came in a little quick and bumped the curb a little hard. Nothing major, just a rough landing.
- •What did they notice? What do they remember? The 250 miles of dependable "Dad Shuttle Service?" Nope, just the bump at the end.
- •Humph. Personally, I give myself an A-. Good job, me.