- •Early January - Purchase Fourth Grader son Sam's school Valentine's (ahead of the game... first time ever!).
- •Early February - Hear from teacher that they can send messages this year instead of Valentine's (score).
- •Week Ago - Clarify with Sam that he just wants to send messages and NOT Valentine's (confirmed).
- •Weekend - Make a ridiculously complicated Valentine's box (because society apparently hates parents).
- •Last Night (8:26PM a.k.a. four minutes before bedtime) - Sam asks, "So Dad, when are we going to get the Valentine's ready?" (let me get your mother, so that I can go weep in the corner).