Ways shedding a few pounds will help the Earth
I need to slim down just a tad. Turns out Mother Earth will be a winner, too.
- •BeefYep, I'll eat fewer cows. Cows use all sorts of resources. Plus, they are kind of cute. Win, win. Roam free, bovine buds.
- •Heavy StepsLosing just a few pounds will mean a lot less wear and tear on the ground. You can almost hear the pavement moan, "Dude, lighten up. That hurts." Plus, less resulting rock damage.
- •GravitySo I never really got this, but if I get tinier the Earth will require less of a gravitational pull to keep me from spinning into the endless void of space. Well, there's a little victory.
- •SmilesOh, yeah. Shed a few pounds and live longer. More years of smiles, more days of happiness. A little positive energy to help fuel the world.
- •VeggiesToo many green things. They are all around. Here, there, everywhere. Under foot, toward the sky. I'll do my part. Reluctantly, I'll grab a fork and eat some of that greenery. Keep those plants in check.
- •Solar EnergyA smaller "Dave Belly" means more sunlight reaching things such as grass and my toes. Let the sunshine in and help create an awesome "Sandal Tan."