Winter Woes from Hosiery Hubris
- •I knew it was risky behavior.
- •I knew I should take precautions.
- •I thought I was invincible.
- •I was careless. There, I admitted it.
- •Then I carried the recycling into the garage, while wearing just socks on my feet.
- •I did not see the puddle. It was invisible. Dark. Lurking. Waiting to get my sock wet.
- •Cold wet sock. That's what life handed me. Sadly, I deserved it.
- •Kids, let this be a lesson to you. Put on some boots. Sure it takes a minute or two, but the sadness that you prevent will be life changing.
- •Now please excuse me, while I hang my stockings by the chimney with care.