FAVORITE BURGERS IN LOS ANGELES
I enjoy a cheat meal on the paleo diet every now and then, and often that cheat meal is a great burger. I'm lucky to live in the best burger city in the world! Here are some of my favorites.
- •Apple PanStill the champ! Get the Hickory Burger, not the Steak Burger. Save room for pie.
- •Westside TavernRight across the street from Apple Pan in the Westside Pavilion mall.
- •UmamiYes, the service has gone downhill recently, but the Truffle Royale is still an amazing burger and the Truffle Cheese Fries are part of any death bed meal.
- •Bill's BurgersA greasy stand in the middle of Van Nuys. Bill is 90 years old and still flipping burgers. Greasy, but good!
- •In-N-OutNEED a Double Double about 3 times a year.
- •Father's OfficeYou forget how good the Office Burger is until you have one again.
- •Timmy Nolan'sAn Irish Pub in Toluca Lake. Surprisingly good food, and the burger with steak fries is outstanding.
- •Taylor's SteakhouseWho goes to a steakhouse to order a burger? But it's amazing. Try it for lunch.
- •Hole in the WallHaven't been there since they moved to Santa Monica, but a burger on their pretzel roll is delicious.
- •Plan CheckThe ketchup leather is the key to this outstanding burger.