Random people I ran into today
I work for a large health system with 24,000 employees. I've been at the company 9 years and in a corporate role for 3 years. So I know a lot of people. Life changes quickly, enjoy it!
- •A nurse I worked with when I first started hereI haven't seen her in 4 years. She married one of the guys who works at the hospital. He actually proposed to her at the hospital. We had fun turning PACU into a fancy breakfast bistro. Now she's working at one of the physician offices that ties into one of my major projects. She's wanted a baby for a long time and is now 4 months pregnant. So happy for her!
- •A pharmacist I worked on a couple of projects with about 5 years agoShe's in a leadership role now and has had twins since I last saw her. The twins turn a year old the same day my Zoey turns 6 months old.
- •A friend who came to visit me in the hospitalShe brought my a Boppy to the hospital and I still use it every day. I got to catch up with her and show her Zoey's picture of the day.
- •A patient experience coach I haven't seen in 2 yearsLast time I saw him, he was hobbling around on crutches heading to physical therapy. He's walking just fine now!
- •A tech who is now a nurse who came through one of my classes a few months agoI was still pregnant when she was in my class. I was so happy to see her in the nurse color scrubs and RN on her badge!
- •One of MY nurses who took care of Zoey and me while we were in the hospitalThis was special! As a nurse, you rarely get to see your patients after they're back to their real life and functioning as they usually do. As a patient, you don't always get the chance to thank your care team. She happened to walk by my office as I was heading to heat up my lunch. I recognized her first (and also recognized the "hmmm...how do I know you?" look on her face) and told her she was my nurse in January. We caught up and I got to personally thank her for taking care of us.