Things that make my eye twitch at work
Some things.... Some days....
- •When my door is closed and my IM is set to "do not disturb"And someone comes knocking anyway.
- •When people request read receipts on unimportant emailsReally? You needed a read receipt to ensure I read your reply all saying "thank you?"
- •Replying to allWhen there is no reason to reply to all.
- •Replying to all asking everyone to stop replying to allLet's think about that for just a moment...
- •Talking on speakerphone with your door openWe're lucky enough to have offices and not cubes, so let's take advantage of our handy dandy doors.
- •Sending every email as high importanceI will ignore your emails on purpose.
- •Dropping by to chat a little often for a little too longI have things to do and people I want to get home to see. Want to take on a couple of my projects since you seem to have some extra free time?
- •Squeezing your giant vehicle into a compact spotSeriously. It says compact. When is an F350 compact? Get out of my space!
- •Starting a conversation with "this will just take a minute."And rambling in my office for 45 minutes. Saying tell "just take a minute" is a show stopper that lets me know to get comfy and SOS text someone to need me urgently.